NRA Basic Pistol Lesson Plan
Pistol knowledge and safe gun handling
- Revolver vs semi auto
- Types of action – single action, double action, etc.
- Pistol components (the anatomy of a pistol)
- Gun safety rules
- Safe gun handling
Ammunition knowledge and the fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Components of a pistol cartridge
- Firing sequence – what happens when you shoot
- Identifying ammunition – what caliber is it?
- Grip, stance, sight picture, sight alignment, etc.
Firing the first shots
- Range safety
- Let’s shoot
Scoring targets, selecting and maintaining your pistol
- Selecting a pistol
- Cleaning a pistol
Continued opportunities for skill development
- Additional training
- Shooting sports
If you own a pistol, you are encouraged to bring it with 50 rounds of ammunition. Please make sure that it is unloaded and no live ammunition is brought into the classroom.
Cost: $149 before discount. Click here for more information.